Keep getting locked up (freezing and have to reboot)

You can't connect to the server or have problems, post it here.

Keep getting locked up (freezing and have to reboot)

Postby Khya on Wed May 13, 2020 8:23 pm

All of a sudden after 4 years of constant play i am freezing every 2 minutes or so and have to relog... Jeff in my household is a computer tech who works for the County.. he doesn't see what the problem is.. I have rebooted.. done all the things i should... Not sure what is wrong... I don't know if it is your end... Please help.. I have done all the dailies since inception last March...Out of every single daily I only did not turn in one book to the bisos.. I am almost to rank 600 and rank 49 in the dailies.. Please help :(:(:(
PS>> whenever people log in or out ( this has been happening for months ) i have to reboot
It seems to be a little better now... but it was happening for at least 8 hours.. thanks again for a great game :)

This is terrible... i can't stay logged on until sometimes late at night....
Khya
Leopard

Re: Keep getting locked up (freezing and have to reboot)

Postby tom on Fri May 15, 2020 11:23 pm

Hi khya,
hard to say what is the reason. Reboot is strange - i never had such a hard lock with auteria. Freeze can have many reasons also the definition of freeze is not clear. Client didn't change since a year we had some trouble with some people with the sound loading but this was "fixed" with preload on sounds on startup in early 2019.

greetings tom
tom
Site Admin

Postby Khya on Sat May 16, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi Tom: What happens is the game is on for a few minutes.. then i get green lag box... but it doesnt go away and i have to hit f12 to come back in... I have also tried going into task manager and ending the game in task manager and then starting it up again. It seems to only happen in the morning... I am on facebook , emails, internet as usual... I have not changed my computer habits... This is really sad as I cannot seem to play at all in the morning... I haven't done my dailies from yesterday lol and i am freaking out... All in all.. you have made the finest game ever... I am 4 years and 4 months in without ever leaving to see what else is out there..> Thank you Tom, Sue and Sin for all your hard work... I just want to play.... grrrr LOLOL stay healthy, happy and safe... Big HUgz Sue/Khya
Khya
Leopard

Postby tom on Sat May 16, 2020 9:01 pm

Khya wrote:Hi Tom: What happens is the game is on for a few minutes.. then i get green lag box... but it doesnt go away and i have to hit f12 to come back in... I have also tried going into task manager and ending the game in task manager and then starting it up again. It seems to only happen in the morning... I am on facebook , emails, internet as usual... I have not changed my computer habits... This is really sad as I cannot seem to play at all in the morning... I haven't done my dailies from yesterday lol and i am freaking out... All in all.. you have made the finest game ever... I am 4 years and 4 months in without ever leaving to see what else is out there..> Thank you Tom, Sue and Sin for all your hard work... I just want to play.... grrrr LOLOL stay healthy, happy and safe... Big HUgz Sue/Khya

Ok, the green lag icon can have 2 reasons:

1.) Internet connection between your pc and the server. To find out where the problem exactly is you need to trace the route between. "Mtr" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTR_(software)) is a good tool for that - but it's only for diagnostic not for solving a problem. Example usage:
Code: Select all
mtr master.auteria.com

2.) PC is under heavy load. But as you say there is nothing special - i guess it's not.

You may try to rename your "log" directory - where all client settings are saved.
I'am sorry nothing I think of i could do.
tom
Site Admin

Postby Khya on Wed May 20, 2020 2:12 pm

so sad... i jut got a new modem and same thing... only at certain times of the day... in the morningfor one... :(:(:(
Khya
Leopard

Postby wand68 on Tue May 26, 2020 9:41 pm

oh i just love my freezing when i use local teleport on renevale i lock up and have to use task manager have to get on laptop to move my character after that i can get back on desktop

wand
wand68
Young Lizard

Postby wand68 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:33 pm

im having same problems im in renevale used teleport from mrs backus to enchant area and canty get on but my other name which is tergrum i can its happening on desk and laptop

ty wand
wand68
Young Lizard

Return to Help