Linux client

Linux client

Postby tom on Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:27 pm

1.) Keyboard mapping problem on non english keymap:
call:
Code: Select all
setxkbmap us -model pc102

in console or in your start shell script before launching auteria.
You can use all keys then but in english layout of course.
see also: http://forum.auteria.com/viewtopic.php?t=155

@1 Problem is fixed since Rel. 1.7

2.) param: -chdir
Can be used to tell the binary where its installation path is while calling from a other path.

3.) param: -dsleep (since rel 1.5)
Reduce the load of your auteria client, doing a sleep(0) every cycle. On my Athlon 1200 it reduced the cpu load from 99% to about 70% and i didnt notice any disadvantages so far.

4.) Some words about autoupdate and config:
In an early version the client saved all settings to the users home directory ~/.auteria . Since i added the autoupdater this feature is removed. When running the client it need full read/write access to its subdirectories in order to become full functionally. So you can a.) put the game under your homedirectory and give it the +rw of your username. Or b.) if you dont trust what the client does and you are afraid of other files using your userid. Simply add a new user like "auteria" which have no other rights than on the auteria directory. You can now execute the game using this userid with su.
Last edited by tom on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
tom
Site Admin

openAl error

Postby Danthux on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:56 am

hi, i'm playing auteria en ubuntu 7.04 and i has a problem loading openAL.
i already has the libopenal0a package installed, but that wasn't enought, but all seems to be solved when i apt-get'ed libopenal-dev.

i'm playing it from linux, without any problem right now.

i have faith with this mmorpg, i always want something light, with good graphics, linux playable and with skills like lumbre, mining, crafting and those rudimentary things... i'm think i am already a fan of this game, thx for your work!
Danthux
Little Beast

Return to Tips and Tricks