Adding a Auteria Icon to desktop in linux

Adding a Auteria Icon to desktop in linux

Postby Burfoot on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:26 pm

FOR LINUX USERS
To make a desktop icon or one to add to awn wbar ect.
Open a text editor.
Type in the following:
Code:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=Auteria
Exec=(example) ~/auteria/Auteria_Beta_1_96/auteria/./auteria
Icon=(filename of your choice, minus the png, from your current icon set.)

Replace path/to file items with the appropriate information. Next, save as "Auteria.desktop" Next, select the location as your desktop, and click save. And that's it. You're done! :D
I coldn't find a icon for Auteria so heres the one I used - maybe some1 here can supply one?

[img]http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8189/shieldandswords.th.png[/img]
Burfoot
Little Beast

Re: Adding a Auteria Icon to desktop in linux

Postby Aura on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:42 am

I know this is an old topic, but I'm having some trouble trying to create a launcher for Auteria that actually works. My OS is Linux Mint. I have no trouble starting the game from the terminal, but a launcher would be much more convenient. Can some one please post an update for this procedure?
Aura
Little Beast

Postby vixis on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:50 pm

On Ubuntu 10.04, Gnome 2 it is:
Code: Select all
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=Auteria
Exec=/home/vixis/games/Auteria_Beta_1_96/auteria/auteria_shader
Icon=/home/vixis/games/Auteria_Beta_1_96/auteria/dragon64x64.png

Exec= - path to launch script of auteria, change auteria_shader to auteria for game without shaders.
Icon= - path to icon for launcher, auteria16.bmp is in default installation, additional icons can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1812

It is also possible to right click on desktop and choose Create Launcher... on my system.
vixis
Grumfish

Postby Aura on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Thanks Vixis, normally that procedure, or the right click gui method of creating a new launcher would work for me to.
it's trying to start using the ./auteria command with a launcher, or launching the auteria executable directly that's been creating a problem. I'll try creating a launcher for the auteria shader and see what happens.

Edit: O.k., I've figured out what I was doing wrong, and the method you outlined above works. I can't launch using the auteria shader, but I can launch the exec now. I am able to see where I've been making my error, thanks to your example. I have a working launcher, with a nice Icon. 8)
Aura
Little Beast

Return to Tips and Tricks